Unity Prayer Chaplains Program
Our Unity Prayer Chaplain Program is a unique and rewarding sacred service program within our ministry that trains and supports congregants to serve in the role as Prayer Chaplains. It is an opportunity to both serve others and deepen your own spirituality.
What is a Unity Prayer Chaplain?
- Someone who is here to support you on your spiritual journey.
- Someone who will create and hold a spiritual space with you.
- Someone who will listen to you and hold what is heard in strictest confidence.
- Someone who prays from the heart with you.
Prayer Chaplains fulfill their role during the year by:
- Leading prayers during our Sunday services
- Praying with people one-on-one after each service
- Making monthly wellness calls to church members
- Making pastoral visits, ocasionally as determined is appropriate
- Attending monthly meetings for on-going training and support
- Committing to these responsibilities for one year at a time. All training requirement must be completed (or repeated) each year for a Prayer Chaplain to re-commit for another year.
When people pray together their intention is magnified. As Jesus said, “Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am in the midst of them.” (Matthew 18:20)
We are here to support you!
If you would like a Prayer Chaplain to pray with you, please contact our Church office by phone (716-882-0391) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please let us know of any changes in your life or with your family that we can support you with. Through our Prayer Chaplains Program, our Sunbeam team (cards and letters), and our Healing & Wholeness team, we offer prayer and pastoral support, and energy healing support upon request.
Our minister, Rev. Mary Masters is always available to provide pastoral support and spiritual counseling on an appointment basis as well. Let us know how we can support you!
Would you like to know more about becoming a Prayer Chaplain?
A Prayer Chaplains’ Question & Answer Session will be held on Sunday, December 4th after our Sunday service. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the prerequisites for being considered into the Prayer Chaplain Training Program, and the joys and benefits of entering into sacred service in this way.
Our current Unity Prayer Chaplains' team:
Mary Wollenschlaeger, Prayer Chaplain Coordinator and Trainer
Rev. Allaurah Olson, John Michaels - Trainers and Prayer Chaplains
Amy Barone, Mary Jo Foley, Harriet Gromer-Hicks, Nancy Lee Patrus- Prayer Chaplains
We are also grateful for the many Prayer Chaplains’ emerita, congregants who have served as Prayer Chaplains over the past 11 years of this program. Their prayer consciousness continues to bless and enrich all that we do together.